Black Bean Burger
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Prepare quinoa per package instructions; cool.
- Using hand-held blender, process oats to flour (leaving some whole).
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to mixing bowl and mush with a fork or potato masher (leaving some whole).
- Add quinoa, oats, egg, carrot, red pepper, garlic, cumin and salt to black beans; mix together; form into patties.
- Heat grapeseed oil in skillet (medium heat); carefully add patties to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm.
Photograph by CK Kochis © All rights reserved.