I love to bake. Living the nomadic lifestyle, my home on wheels doesn’t provide me with the kitchen space I was accustom. Adjustments have been made and new routines established. I learned to bake half batches to accommodate the limited storage space, a growing waistline, and a very small oven.
During my time on the road, several concerned friends have asked, “What do you eat?”
My response is always, “Food. What do you eat?” Their concern for my well-being is sweet.
I thought it would be fun to record a Facebook Live video in the UnBox Your Kitchen Facebook group to show friends and family what my kitchen space looks like and an attempt to adjust a recipe to fit the ingredients I had in the pantry. Both were a great success!
Until then, stay well my friends!
Cranberry Coconut Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, blend butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add old-fashioned rolled oats, flour, baking soda, and salt to batter. Stir mixture until blended.
- Add dried cranberries, coconut flakes, and sunflower seeds. Stir until blended.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.