Homemade macaroni and cheese is so easy to make. Depending on the recipe you follow, you could even make in the same amount of time as the packaged versions. Today, baked mac ‘n cheese appeals to my taste buds.
Handcrafted Baked Mac ‘n Cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs optional
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour and make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheeses and cook over low heat until cheese melts.
- Place macaroni in 9″x9″ casserole dish and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well to coat macaroni.
- (optional) Sprinkle breadcrumbs on macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.