Pizza is a family favorite. Instead of ordering out, why not make it yourself?
Typical toppings include tomato pizza sauce, sliced ham, pepperoni, black olives, onions, green peppers, sausage, pineapple, mushrooms, and cheese. Don’t let this list ingredients limit you. What sounds good to you? If you were calling in your order, what would you get on your pizza?
Photographed is a BBQ Chicken Pizza. It’s topped with BBQ sauce, cooked chicken, saute’d onions, green pepper, jalapeno, and parmesan cheese.
Be creative and add what sounds good to you. Enjoy!
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add warm water (check yeast package for temperature), sugar, and yeast. Gently stir until blended. Let rest undisturbed for five minutes.
- Add olive oil and flour to liquid. Blend.
- Lightly kneed dough and form into a ball.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl and set dough ball inside. Place a damp towel over the top and allow dough to raise until double (approximately 30-45 minutes).
- Spread dough onto a grease baking sheet. Add favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake pizza for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Cut pizza into slices and serve.