Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, and minced ginger to make the marinade.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin side down and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken skin is golden brown.
- Carefully turn the chicken thighs over and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Pour the honey garlic marinade over the chicken in the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium, cover skillet, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn chicken thigh so skin-side is up. With a spoon, glaze thigh with simmering honey garlic marinade. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Ocassionally glaze thigh with marinade.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve the honey garlic chicken hot with steamed rice or vegetables.