- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I use my Vitamix to grind all the dry ingredients to a fine flour and use it again to mix all the wet ingredients to a smooth liquid.
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 11/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- Blend until a fine flour is formed
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Blend until smooth
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and add grated peel of one orange. Whisk until well blended. The cookie batter will be a little crumbly.
- Take a spoonful of the batter and form a ball with your hands.
- Put it on a parchment lined baking sheet and press it down to form a flat cookie, repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Arrange cookies close together, they will not expand while baking.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 15-20 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Cookies will be soft when warm and crunchy as they cool.
Rachel Kieffer is a certified nutrition and health coach* living in New York with her family. She has worked with thousands of clients to transform their health and lives through her private consultation programs, workshops, women’s groups and writing. “I believe that every woman has a birthright to be deeply in love with herself and create a magnificent life that she loves. And that includes a joyous relationship with food, radiant health, and being completely pleased with how she looks.” Please visit HealthNutGirl.com to learn more about Rachel’s services.
*Certified by the Institute For Integrative Nutrition and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)