These melt in your mouth cookies are vegan, wheat-free, have no refined sugars, and high in protein.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I use my Vitamix to grind all the dry ingredients to a fine flour and use it again to mix all the wet ingredients to a smooth liquid.
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 11/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- Blend until a fine flour is formed
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Blend until smooth
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and add grated peel of one orange. Whisk until well blended. The cookie batter will be a little crumbly.
- Take a spoonful of the batter and form a ball with your hands.
- Put it on a parchment lined baking sheet and press it down to form a flat cookie, repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Arrange cookies close together, they will not expand while baking.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 15-20 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Cookies will be soft when warm and crunchy as they cool.
This recipe appeared in the December 2016 issue of Elements For A Healthier Life Magazine. Photograph by Rachel Kieffer © All rights reserved.