I don’t know about you, but I actually love having PIZZA this way versus how we traditionally eat it. It’s fun because you can explore and change it up easily using the ingredients you love.
I’m a SPICY kind of gal so I love to smash JALAPENO’S on anything when given the chance! The Arugula Pesto on this one is easy to make and tastes AWESOME! Sunflower seeds contain selenium, an essential nutrient. Studies have found it plays a role in antioxidant function and helps reduce inflammation. It also helps with thyroid hormone metabolism. Portobello mushrooms are balanced in protein and carbs, they are low in fat and contain a high amount of fiber.
Portobello Mushroom Pizza with Arugula Pesto
- 4 – 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 – 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 – 10 Kalamata olives sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat feta
- 1 jalapeno sliced seeds removed
- handful of basil
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt to taste approximately 1/2 Tsp
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto into a food processor or blender and process until desired texture. I prefer mine a bit crunchy!
- Then add a dollop of the pesto to the mushroom and spread.
- Add some arugula leaves, the sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, jalapeno slices and sprinkle with crumbled goat feta cheese.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 25 – 30 mins.
“The kitchen is where friends and family come together for good food and conversations that nourish the soul.” ~ CK Kochis