I love sweets. There’s no getting around it. I’m always on the search for healthy and sweet snacks that are easy to make and satisfy my hunger.
Seedy Quinoa Bars
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Cool.
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients and chia seeds. Wait 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir.
- Place mixture in lightly greased 9×9 or 9-inch round baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully invert pan to place bars onto plate or cutting surface. Cool. Slice and serve.
Substitution Options: Sunbutter –> Tahini Rolled oats –> Quick cooking oatmeal Photograph and recipe by Cindy Kochis © All rights reserved.