As the temperatures rise and the trees bloom, our body’s needs change. We leave behind the heavier foods of winter and start craving a lighter and raw foods.
Salads are an excellent meal during the spring and summer. They provide us with lots of nutrients and energy from fresh and colorful vegetables. This spring salad combines lots of protein from bean sprouts and lots of fresh and light energy from the variety of vegetables. It is crunchy, delicious, very satisfying and cleansing.
Spring Sprout Salad
- 1 container mixed bean sprouts
- 1 cup Sunflower sprouts
- 3 rainbow carrots (small) peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 daikon peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 beet peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced
- few leaves of fresh cilantro
- Mix ingredients together
This salad will keep in the refrigerator for a few days without dressing.
Serve it drizzled with olive oil and fresh lime juice or try it with Carrot Ginger Dressing.