My man loves to cook and experiment with flavors in his creations. The telltale sound of the nightly news and chopping signals he’s up to something in the kitchen! Knowing I love portobello mushrooms, artichokes and black olives, he created Stuffed Portobello Caps, my new favorite dish! It has a distinctly Mediterranean flavor, especially if you add the feta cheese (yes, please!).
Stuffed Portobello Caps
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps hollowed out
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 can sliced black olives
- 1/4 can quartered artichoke hearts sliced
- Chopped mushrooms using the fill from the caps if you hollowed them out, otherwise, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles *optional
- olive oil
- vegetable seasoning to taste
- Combine all above ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top. Season with salt and pepper, or your favorite vegetable seasoning. Stir to combine well. Scoop mixture into mushroom caps.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Serves 2 (2 caps each as an entree) or 4 (1 cap as a side).