This is such a great dish to make! Either take it with you to a summer get together, or make it on your regular meal preparation day. It’s easy to store in mason jars for lunch throughout the week.
- 14 oz can of organic pinto beans
- 14 oz can of organic garbanzo beans
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 bell peppers red and orange – diced
- 10 celery sticks diced
- 1 cup fresh Cillantro minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp cumin (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds optional
- Drain and rinse the beans, allow to air dry for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, dice onion, bell peppers, celery, and cilantro.
- Place all ingredient into a large bowl.
- Add the beans, juice of the lemon, lime, olive oil, and spices.
- Stir together and top with sunflower seeds.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes or longer before serving.
- You can keep this salad in airtight containers in your refrigerator for up to five days (it won’t get soggy – I promise!)
“The kitchen is where friends and family come together for good food and conversations that nourish the soul.” ~ CK Kochis